Brrrrrrr... It's frosty up here!
Day 6 in Toronto and it's freakin' cold! When I first arrived, I found the winter air crisp and refreshing. After a couple of snow falls and temperatures between -8 and -2, the novelty has worn off. Now I remember why I used to "bulk up" during the winter - all I want to do is hibernate, watch movies and eat junk food. Mmmmmmm... cheesies!!
Despite the cold weather, I am happy to be home. It is great to see family and friends. I just wish I had more time to spend with everyone - I feel like I'm in a race to visit as many people as possible. It's a little overwhelming, but I am just trying to enjoy the time I do get to spend with everybody. So far, I've reacquainted myself with shopping malls, enjoyed a much anticipated Big Mac (there is no McDonald's in Cayman), enjoyed home cooking, survived a new drinking game at the Duke and watched a curling match. Details of my trip will follow - this is just a brief update. I'm getting ready to attend a "poetry meeting" at Whelan's Gate in my old 'hood of High Park. How I miss the rabid squirrels of High Park... I wonder if they`ll remember me...

2 Comments:
Hey Beck,
Had a blast when you were home. Was so glad to see you but so jealous of your tan ... guess I'll have to wait til summer to get mine. Miss ya already.
It was great to be home! The visit was far too short & I miss everyone already...
Post a Comment
<< Home