Involuntary Hiatus
I have been delinquent in updating my blog but I have a darn good excuse. On December 3, a family of 3 moved into the Big Brother House. That's right - you read correctly. A new lawyer, his wife and their 2 year old daughter moved in. I like kids & all, but I'm not a fan of living with them if they're not in some way related to either me or close friends of mine! It took the family a total of 28 hours to completely take over the Big Brother House. They moved in on Sunday afternoon and by the time I returned from work on Monday evening, you couldn't even tell I lived there any more. Toys and other unrecognizable kid items were strewn about the apartment. Not to mention some rearranging of the apartment had been done - tables and other pieces of furniture moved, computer disconnected and reassembled in new location, etc... The remnants of my existence in the Big Brother House consisted of some milk and cheese in the fridge and some KD and oatmeal in the cupboards. After a couple of weeks of living like a teenager again (barricading myself in my room & spending my free time on the phone & internet), I took refuge at a friend's place. Her apartment was temporarily empty and she kindly offered it to me. I jumped at the chance and have been staying there for the past 3 weeks. I cannot express how wonderful it has been living on my own again (clothing is just so restrictive). The only drawbacks are no internet access and no cable t.v. Thank goodness for Blockbuster! Oh, and Blockbuster down here hasn't jumped on the "no late fees" band wagon. I am one of their favourite customers once again...
Please stay tuned for a less agitated and more thoughtful, cheery Christmas-related post...

3 Comments:
hmmmmmmmmm, do you think it's time to return to the big city?
Super T
How dare they! I think you should wait til they're out and do your own re-arranging!
At last, the family has moved out of Big Brother House! I just moved back in today & have one night to myself before 2 new employees, Naveen & Stuart, move in tomorrow afternoon. With my luck, one will be a tap dancer and the other a serial killer... It's been nice knowing all of you!
Post a Comment
<< Home