Fear Factor

Just when I think I'm used to things down here, something happens that freaks me out. One Thursday night, I decided to run over to the little variety store across the street to get some snacks before Grey's Anatomy started. I opened the front door, stepped outside and saw something on the wall. Yes, "something"... It looked like a HUGE snail/crab-like creature... And it moved. Immediately after spotting the "thing", I saw something else move out of the corner of my eye. It was a little lizard running down the wall and it was almost the exact colour of the wall. What came rushing to mind was the story I heard a few weeks prior to this about one of these little lizards jumping onto a girl's forehead, sticking there and requiring a doctor visit to have it removed. Needless to say, I locked the door and got as far away from the creatures as fast as I could. After telling this story to a few friends, I learned that it was a hermit crab that I saw on the wall. I'm living in an episode of fear factor, except I don't have the lure of big money to get me through it... Serenity now!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Comments:
Just make sure you leave all those critters down there when you return home. I have enough to deal with in London.
That's too bad - I was planning on bringing back a hermit crab for you as a pet... Maybe you'd like a turtle instead??
I was going to make a joke about the low probability of you coming home without any crabs, but decided it was beneath me.
Hey Beck,
U. Bob & I are thoroughly enjoying reading about your escapades while in Grand Cayman. They certainly are entertaining and funny. Keep the stories coming and we anxiously await your next installment.
Love, A. Lana
Nov. 13-06
Post a Comment
<< Home