Big Brother House

As some of you know, just a few days before my departure I received the shocking news that I would be sharing accommodations with other employees of the firm. This revelation resulted in additional packing, which consisted mostly of expanding my loungewear selection. So much for my dreams of a Caribbean bachelorette pad...
After spending a fun first two weeks with C & L in their posh condo, it was time for my move to the firm apartment, a.k.a. "Big Brother House". As colleagues discovered I was moving into the Big Brother House, they shared stories of their experiences living there. To my dismay, none of them included outrageous parties, hot male neighbours or spontaneous jaunts to the local pub. On the contrary, most involved giant insects, messy roommates and surprise arrivals... Yikes. To top it all off, I was moving in with a guy. A complete stranger. Sorry, I am exaggerating - I met him twice before moving in.
Despite my reluctance to leave the comfy surroundings of the condo, I was anxious to unpack my suitcases and stop having to rummage around each morning trying to find a missing shoe or shirt. After making a quick stop at the grocery store, C & L dropped me off (threw me & my bags out of their car) at the Big Brother House. It was me and my new roomie. Just the two of us. Until about an hour later when I ran into a gigantic millipede outside my bedroom. And then there were three...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home