Cayman's NTN
One of my favourite pastimes during law school was spending Friday night at Palisad, snacking on nachos, enjoying a beverage or two and kicking Shaft and Corn's butts at NTN. Ah, Triviaoke... Good times. Which reminds me - Corn, you still owe me approximately 180 beers (thank you Sir Mix-a-Lot!). But I digress...
On a midweek outing to one of the local pubs, I discovered that Cayman has its own version of NTN. Well, sort of... British pubs host "Quiz Night", where people form teams of 4-6 and compete not just for bragging rights, but for actual cash & alcohol prizes. There are 4 rounds of 10-20 questions each and instead of the questions appearing on a tv monitor, the Quiz Host asks them. Between each round of questions, the host makes the teams play card games and Bingo. Yes, Bingo... during which we are forced to endure lame comments. Can you guess which number is the host's favourite [hint: it appears under the "O" of BINGO]?
As the token Canadian on our team (in fact, I was probably the only Canadian in the bar), I felt tremendous pressure to perform well. My years of NTN training paid off - Corn & Shaft would have been proud. After a few nail biting rounds of music, slogan, and general knowledge questions, our team placed 2nd overall and we lost by only one point! My most memorable contribution - knowing that Afro Man sings "Because I Got High". Yes, I am representing Canada well...

6 Comments:
GO BECKY GO! MAKE US CANADIANS PROUD! Julie
My clear and sober recollection of NTN at law school records not a single instance when you triumphed over me. Your post may actually have some people believe that you did. You should expect a big, fat libel action waiting for you when you get home.
Shaft - I would welcome the opportunity to testify as to your FAR LESS than clear and sober behaviour in law school... Sleep in your coat lately?
I will accept no sass from you. I slept in my coat because I was COLD! ... Read any insightful writing on bathroom mirrors lately?
big hair said ...
You go girl!
Waiting for another blog Becky. What's taking you so long. Having too much fun skinny dipping.
Love, Super T
Post a Comment
<< Home