Saturday, December 02, 2006

True or False Category Sucks. True or False?

I am sad to report that our trivia team, "A Sphincter Says What?", dropped to 4th place on Wednesday night. We were tied for third (only 2 points out of second) after 2 rounds. Then, the True & False round made its debut, which proved to be our Achilles heel. "Mitu is the Chinese word for quiz. True or False?" Seriously???? I now know that it's false. Our team was devastated by the loss. Coincidentally, the quiz host was the victim of a random beating by a gang of masked thugs after quiz night. Somehow, I don't think there will be another True & False round anytime soon...

p.s.
During the music category, I seemed to be channeling the Metal Gods and answered every heavy metal question correctly! I recognized songs by Metallica, Black Sabbath, Kiss and Guns & Roses. Who knew hanging out with head bangers during my younger years would come in handy?

3 Comments:

At 8:19 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone knows mitu is Japanese for "empty of fear".

Your failure to answer this question correctly is just sad.

 
At 10:42 p.m., Blogger Bx said...

Corn sucks. True or False?

 
At 10:01 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say False.

The value of corn, or, as the Indians call it, "maize", is amlmost imeasurable. Aside from its status as a staple of the human diet around the world, corn is commonly used as a feed for livestock, forage, silage or grain. Silage is made by fermentation of chopped green cornstalks. The grain also has many industrial uses, including transformation into plastics and fabrics. Some is hydrolyzed and enzymatically treated to produce syrups, particularly high fructose corn syrup, a sweetener, and some is fermented and distilled to produce grain alcohol. Grain alcohol from corn is traditionally the source of bourbon whiskey. Increasingly ethanol is being used at low concentrations (10% or less) as an additive in gasoline (gasohol) for motor fuels to increase the octane rating, lower pollutants, and reduce petroleum use.

I'm a cornaholic. That's right, I'm addicted to bourbon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home