I'm still alive!
I must begin by apologizing - I have been delinquent in updating my blog. Well, that is a bit of an understatement. I blame the trigger of my blogging decline on Hurricane Dean. As many of you know, Cayman Islands had a close encounter with Hurricane Dean back in August. So close, in fact, that I evacuated to Miami while it passed by. It was one of the scariest experiences I've ever been through. I had never before witnessed people's moods shift so quickly. Friends who had been here during Hurricane Ivan were visibly shaken and worried by the threat of Hurricane Dean's direct hit. Thankfully, the path of the storm shifted and it missed Cayman entirely. Another reason I haven't written in a while is there are fewer and fewer "firsts" for me on the island and writing about work just isn't that exciting.
I do have some news for everyone - I'm staying in Cayman for at least another year. Although I miss everyone in Toronto, I'm not ready to return to the great, white north just yet. Since I will be staying longer, I am FINALLY moving out of the Big Brother House and into my very own apartment again!! Living in the Big Brother House has been an adventure in itself and I will devote an entire future post to my Big Brother House roomies. After several counts, I confirm that I have lived with at least 17 different people during the past 18 months. I managed to have only 1 freak out at one of the roomies during that time and verged on insanity on at least a few occasions. In 5 days, all of that ends and I will be moving into a more serene environment.
Having my own place also means I can have guests (if you don't mind sleeping on an air mattress). So, I invite all of you to escape Old Man Winter and come visit... Not everyone at once, of course!

2 Comments:
Can't wait to hear your tales about big brother house. Happy to see you added another story to your blog.
T
OMG it's April 9 and I'm just reading this entry ... from work no less. So like u posted this in Feb and it's now Apr ... so what's holding you up from further updates! LOL
Looking forward to reading about your roomies ... I'm sure it'll make for some great ... and funny reading.
I bet you're loving your apt and I know you're loving that spitfire you're driving!
Rock on Beck!
Post a Comment
<< Home